North American Meeting Planners
Glasgow offers the complete Scottish experience.
We might not be on the same lines of latitude, but we’re certainly on the same page as North American meeting planners. Literally – no language barriers mean nothing is lost in translation.
Nestled in the heart of Scotland’s biggest city, we can offer you the complete Scottish delegate experience at the Scottish Event Campus.
We have hosted many North American headquartered clients, and pride ourselves in delivering on the detail and understanding the differing needs of our international meeting planners. We are members of PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association) and are committed to the delivery of great events by offering our full support all the way through from planning to execution.
We’re a tight knit community here in Glasgow, and we work very closely with our partners VisitScotland, Glasgow Convention Bureau and Glasgow Life on a daily basis alongside the world-class universities in our city. Our partnerships mean that we can help you to find figureheads in your industry in Glasgow, or across Scotland, so that you can deliver rich, relevant and engaging content to your delegates.
These strong relationships also mean that we can pull together that complete Scottish experience out with the conference sessions. Be it whisky tours, golfing, castle exploring – you name it, we can make it work.
If sampling the local nightlife is more suited to your delegates, the SEC happens to be a ten-minute walk from one of the hippest places to be in the UK* - Finnieston. Here, you’ll find some truly fantastic bars and restaurants and it’s a short taxi ride or walk from here into the bustling city centre.
You can stay nearby, too. With five hotels on site and two more in their development phases, there’s plenty rooms within walking distance of the campus.
If you like the sound of all of that, then please come and visit us at Booth B2519 at IMEX America, 10-12 October. You can book an appointment to see one of our conference sales team, who are listed below, here. INS link.
Register to attend IMEX America here www.imexamerica.com/register
*as voted by The Times.
We tick all the boxes
- There are three international airports – Glasgow, Edinburgh and Glasgow Prestwick – offering flights from more than a dozen North American destinations, 150 destinations and over 45 flights to and from London daily
- There are 5 on-site hotels (3* & 4*) and an interconnected 4* hotel with just under 300 bedrooms, ideal as an HQ or speaker’s hotel
- There are over 7,000 hotel bedrooms within two miles of the SEC & over 12,000 in metropolitan Glasgow
- Glasgow and Scotland are must-visit destinations consistently attracting record-breaking delegate numbers
- Glasgow is ranked by the Mercer Cost of Living Survey as one of Europe’s most cost effective cities
- Our experienced team has strong relationships with universities, industry, local and national government to add value to your meetings
"As a congress organiser I think one key thing we truly value is the way the SEC staff join as fully fledged members of our event team. "
Mandy Shore, Executive Director, KnowledgePoint360
"By their very nature, our meetings entail exceptional logistics and the SEC did an excellent job in meeting all our requirements. They provided extensive support in the lead-up and during our meetings. We would be remiss not to mention their positive can-do attitude and their friendliness throughout our collaboration – Glaswegians do live up to their reputation as having the friendliest city in the world."
Shannan Withers, Senior Manager - World Anti Doping Agency