Important Campus Information - We're expecting a really busy campus on the 17th February, with 3 live shows taking place simultaneously. The atmosphere is going to be electric!
To get you into the correct venue as quickly and easily as possible, please see the CAMPUS MAP HERE
Here’s what you need to know when attending an event:
- Allow plenty of time for extra security measures (we suggest allowing an extra hour). This will help prevent large queues and delays getting into the venue.
- Be patient with security checks and help the staff to help you. We know it’s inconvenient, but they are there to keep you safe.
- It is essential that you do not bring unnecessary items to the venue; this will help to speed up searches and your entry to the event.
- SEC Centre & Armadillo (conferences/exhibitions): suitcases and large rucksacks are permitted into the venue but should be checked into the Cloakroom. All bags may be subject to searching.
- SEC Armadillo and The SSE Hydro (live entertainment): bags larger than A3 size (30cm x 42cm) are not permitted at live entertainment events at the SEC Armadillo or The SSE Hydro.
- Don’t leave bags unattended or anywhere they could cause a security scare. And never agree to look after anyone else’s bag, no matter how plausible their story.
- If you spot someone acting suspiciously, report it to security staff or police immediately. Don’t leave it to someone else!
- In an emergency, if you think there is an immediate risk, always call 999 and look around you for help from staff - especially those with radios who can raise the alarm quickly.
- If there is an incident, listen to staff and any announcements.
- The SSE Hydro and Armadillo box offices will not be open. Please go to the Box Office in the SEC Centre if you want to collect tickets, buy tickets or have a query about tickets.
- Congress Road (the loop road in front of The SSE Hydro and Armadillo) may be closed to public vehicles at times. The SSE Drop Off and Pick Up Zone at the West of the Campus is in operation for events at The SSE Hydro, and drivers dropping off or picking up passengers will be directed there.
Do I need a ticket for my child?
All children must have a valid ticket for an event, with the exception of ‘babes in arms’ (under 12 months) who may sit on a parent/guardian’s knee, unless otherwise stated by the event promoter.
Can I collect my tickets?
Tickets purchased from Ticketmaster may be collected in advance or on the day/night of an event from the venue box office at the SEC Centre.
The standard opening times for the main box office in the SEC Centre are: Mon–Fri 9am–5.30pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun closed.*
*Please note these timings are the standard opening times of the SEC Centre Box Office and may be subject to change depending on events taking place in the venue and On-sales for new events. Please check www.sec.co.uk or www.thessehydro.com for details of what time individual events will go on sale.
SEC Armadillo box office opens once doors to the venue open and closes 30 minutes after the main act starts or at the end of the interval, unless otherwise stated.
Why do ticket-holders sometimes get reseated at events?
For various reasons it may be necessary occasionally to relocate ticket-holders to alternative seating. This is always carried out in line with the original seating position and/or ticket price band.
Where can I view a seating plan?
A seating plan will be displayed for events as you book your tickets. This can also be found on Ticketmaster’s Facebook page.
What age restrictions apply at events?
It is the recommendation of the venue that children under fourteen should not attend in the standing area at any event, unless accompanied by an adult. All patrons over five years old are welcome to attend in the seated section, unless otherwise stated by the event organiser. It is the venue’s recommendation that children under five should not attend concerts or events, other than those specifically aimed at younger visitors, i.e. children’s shows. Unless otherwise stated by the event organiser, the standard venue age advisory will apply.
Is there a dress code at events?
No, there is no dress code – customers can wear what they wish. However; domestic, international and rugby football colours are not permitted. Fancy dress is permitted (without accessories that could be used as weapons or missiles), but costumes of controversial characters will not be permitted.
When attending an event can I leave the venue and re-enter?
Yes, you may leave and re-enter the venue during the event, as long as you present your ticket for scanning each time.
Can I bring an assistance dog to the venue?
The SEC welcomes visitors with assistance dogs. We would ask that assistance dogs are clearly identifiable around the campus. Facilities are available for assistance dogs on request.