Responsible Visitor Charter
The SEC (Scottish Event Campus) is committed to reducing the environmental impact of its operations and the conferences, exhibitions, concerts and events that take place in our venues.
We adopt best practice in our operations and look to our visitors to help us take a comprehensive approach.
As a responsible visitor, we would ask you to please consider the following ways you can help to reduce your impact on the environment.
- Conserve energy – while lifts and escalators are essential for some visitors, many visitors could use the stairs. This is not only good exercise, but also reduces the amount of energy needed to power our lifts and escalators.
- Conserve water – when using toilet facilities, please use water wisely and remember not to leave taps running.
- Leave the car at home – whenever possible we would encourage visitors to leave their cars behind and walk, cycle, use public transport or any other environmentally friendly form of transport.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle – when buying goods, try to avoid overly packaged items and decline a carrier bag if you don’t need it. Recycle any waste you have at the designated recycling points across the campus.
- Respect nature – help us to look after our landscape and wildlife by not littering. Instead, deposit all waste in bins, or at the recycling points provided. Use foot and cycle paths on and around the campus responsibly.
- Support green businesses – The Green Tourism Business Scheme operated by VisitScotland recognises businesses that are working to reduce their environmental impact. Businesses are awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold rating. The SEC achieved a GTBS Gold rating in 2009.
For more information about our Environmental Policy, please ask at the Information desk inside the main doors of the SEC Centre.