The SEC is conveniently located allowing delegates the opportunity to stay active during their visit to Glasgow.
A Healthy Event Campus
We are proud to be the first venue in the UK to achieve a healthy venue gold status.
Our goal is to integrate a healthy outlook into every sector of the company. Working in partnership with teams across the business and beyond, we aim to offer healthier lifestyle options for anyone arriving on campus – ranging from a choice of nutritious food to encouraging physical activity in and around the venue.
- Provide healthier food choices
- Encourage and support organisers to include physical activities into their event agenda such as yoga, fun runs, mindfulness sessions and step challenges
- Work with our Convention Bureau and partner charities to facilitate health forward legacy activities
- Promote active travel to and from our venue
- Raise awareness of health and wellbeing amongst our staff
- Provide information for delegates to allow a healthier conference experience. Please see below.
Healthier food for your conference
We are committed to offering nutritious food and drink choices which will leave your delegates feeling re-energised, boosting their levels of concentration and alertness.
We are committed to:
- Following national dietary guidance (i.e. no added salt, sugar and reducing trans-fats)
- Utilising a plant forward approach, and creating nutritionally balanced dishes based on EAT lancet principals
- Providing fruit in all lunch bags
- Offering a greater range of wholegrain/wholemeal products
- Eliminating processed meats from our menus, and switching to low-fat alternatives such as mayonnaise and unsaturated oils
- Ensuring at least 50% of food and drink options at canteens are healthier
- Implementing our sustainable food strategy which focuses on seasonal, locally sourced produce.
To find out more about how we can support you in providing healthier choices for delegates please get in touch!