Working together with Levy UK&I and our customers, partners and suppliers, we are making our events more sustainable.
The SEC (Scottish Event Campus) is committed to reducing the environmental impact of its operations and the conferences, exhibitions, concerts and events that take place in our venues.
The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) is one of the UK's largest integrated spaces, purpose-built for exhibitions, conferences, and live entertainment. The SEC hosts an average of 200 events a year, with 2.1 million visitors annually. Whilst planning to further grow and develop our business, we are committed to achieving this objective through responsibly managing the environmental impact of our operations.
Our environmental aim is for us all to do our BEST to ensure that we protect and improve the environment that the SEC operates within.
In order to reduce the environmental impact of our operations, we will:
- Reduce energy wastage, for example by encouraging responsible use of heat and light, and employ energy efficiency technologies
- Only use electricity generated by renewable sources
- Maintain plant and machinery to ensure they are running at maximum efficiency
- Review and introduce emerging technologies as soon as practicable
- Reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill
- Facilitate and encourage recycling
- Introduce water saving measures in campus toilets
- Use environmentally friendly and biodegradable cleaning materials
- Avoid printing and use recycled paper for office supplies and promotional materials
- Specify that all timber used by the SEC comes from sustainable or managed forests
- Encourage responsible and sustainable travel
- Run a ‘Cycle To Work Scheme’ for staff
- Continually monitor and review our performance
- We have been partnered with Trees for Life for 10 years, in this time we have supported the growth of over 170,000 trees in the Caledonian forest. For every conference hosted at the SEC a donation is made to TFL on behalf of the event.
For further information, visit Trees for Life.
The host of COP26 the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow has announced its new food strategy which will ensure that sustainable, responsible, and healthier choices sit at the heart of the venue’s events, further underlining The SEC’s reputation as a world class venue.More Info