We want you to have a great time and are doing all we can to keep you safe.
You can help us by looking out for each other. If you SEE anything suspicious, SAY something to our security team. We’ll SORT it.
SEE it, SAY it, SORTED.
Here’s what you need to know when attending an event:
- Allow plenty of time for extra security measures (we suggest allowing an extra hour). This will help prevent large queues and delays getting into the venue.
- Be patient with security checks and help the staff to help you. We know it’s inconvenient, but they are there to keep you safe.
- It is essential that you do not bring unnecessary items to the venue; this will help to speed up searches and your entry to the event.
- SEC Centre & Armadillo (conferences/exhibitions): suitcases and large rucksacks are permitted into the venue but should be checked into the Cloakroom. All bags may be subject to searching.
- SEC Armadillo and the OVO Hydro (live entertainment): bags larger than A3 size (30cm x 42cm) are not permitted at live entertainment events at the SEC Armadillo or the OVO Hydro.
- Don’t leave bags unattended or anywhere they could cause a security scare. And never agree to look after anyone else’s bag, no matter how plausible their story.
- If you spot someone acting suspiciously, report it to security staff or police immediately. Don’t leave it to someone else!
- In an emergency, if you think there is an immediate risk, always call 999 and look around you for help from staff - especially those with radios who can raise the alarm quickly.
- If there is an incident, listen to staff and any announcements.
- The OVO Hydro and Armadillo box offices will not be open. Please go to the Box Office in the SEC Centre if you want to collect tickets, buy tickets or have a query about tickets.
- Congress Road (the loop road in front of the OVO Hydro and Armadillo) may be closed to public vehicles at times. The Drop Off and Pick Up Zone at the West of the Campus is in operation for events at the OVO Hydro, and drivers dropping off or picking up passengers will be directed there.