Assistant Technical Manager
Closing Date: 12/08/2022
The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) - comprising the SEC Centre, SEC Armadillo and the OVO Hydro - is Scotland's premier event destination. We enjoy an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues, delivering a world class schedule of Live Entertainment, Conferences and Exhibitions.
We are looking for an Assistant Technical Manager - Conferences, to join our team in line with our vision of becoming the Best Event Campus in Europe.
Our Technical Services team work closely together in a busy environment, ensuring that all expectations are exceeded by providing the highest quality service to each event. The Assistant Technical Manager will fulfil several key functions, helping to ensure exceptional event delivery across our campus
- Undertaking various pre-event planning duties to enable the effective technical delivery of SEC Conferences.
- To support Technical Managers in the delivery of effective AVtur solutions for individual client requirements.
- Representing SEC in on-site interactions with clients, contractors and partners.
- To generate AV quotes in line with client requirements, securing hired/purchased equipment in line with budgets.
- To build a knowledge of the technical standards, guidance and regulations that govern our industry and apply this to work activities as appropriate.
Our ideal candidate is hands-on, passionate and highly conscientious. They will be fully engaged in our high-performance culture, have a positive attitude and be driven to deliver first class event experiences to our clients and customers. They must be self-motivated, have excellent people skills and be confident operating within diverse team, alongside an array of clients in a range of challenging environments. At all times, they will embrace our mission statement; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events and convey our core values of teamwork and respect.
Desirable, but not essential attributes include; experience of working within event environments in a technical capacity, knowledge and understanding of modern AV equipment, supervision of team members and third-party contractors and understanding of technical standards and guidance.
Does this sound like the role for you?
If so, please send your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills and experience, our way - email@example.com.