North American Meeting Planners
International & European Associations
Conferences that drive change
The SEC team are passionate about conferences and the positive impact conferences and events can have on people, research, local and international communities. Inspired by this, the team will work in partnership with you from the outset to understand the goals of your organisation and event. They will introduce you to stakeholders in academia, government, public and third sector to support your aims and help your event deliver an impact.
Stemming from a legacy of invention, research and innovation, Glasgow continues to thrive as a knowledge city. Glasgow is the only city in the UK to have 2 universities ranking in the top 35 nationally, and is home to the largest academic community outside of London. The city continues to attract FDI and conduct world leading research in a variety of key sectors including; health and life sciences, engineering & design, decarbonisation & energy, digital technology and the arts.
Supporting Digital Attendees and Remote Presenters
Understanding our clients’ need to expand reach, connect with new audiences, and curate content for future use; the SEC has invested in streaming, recording, and studio equipment to support.
Visit our services
We tick all the boxes
- We have a dedicated train station on site, only 2 stops from the city centre. Glasgow International Airport is only a 15-minute drive from SEC.
- Finnieston, our delegate district is within a 5 minute walk from the SEC. It has been voted as one of ‘Europe’s hippest neighbourhoods’.
- 1,500 hotel bedrooms onsite and a further 10,000 within 2km of the SEC.
- Variety of social venues nearby including the Clydeside Distillery, Riverside Museum, Radisson Red, Glasgow Science Centre.
- The SEC has a stunning riverside location, set along the banks of the River Clyde.
- Variety of flexible event spaces to meet your bespoke requirements. Choose from over 30 meeting rooms, 5 exhibition halls (22,000sqm) and 3 purpose-built auditoria.
- We have unique partnerships across the city universities, industry and the ‘UK’s Best Convention Bureau’ – Glasgow Convention Bureau
- Our all inclusive rental packages include delegate wifi, AV and technical support, cleaning and stewarding.
- We have a number of sustainable initiatives in place to reduce our environmental impact. To find out more, click here.
- The SEC team can help your event reach a truly global audience by supporting the hybrid elements of your event, creating a bespoke offering.
Glasgow has proven to be a great city full of wonderful people. The SECC carried these attributes to the next level, they enhanced our planning process with their experienced staff and were well equipped to handle any concerns with creativity and the utmost level of professionalism.
Glasgow was the perfect location for our conference, and there are actually now very few destinations that suit our needs.
"The AV team were superb, this is the first conference I have been to where the AV was faultless"
Select the link below to speak to one of our team members about your event today.
Our Association (European & International) People
Senior Sales Manager – International Associations
+44 (0) 141 576 3274