Music of the Spheres World Tour
Showtimes will be released approximately 3 days before the date of the event.
EXTRA DATE ADDED
*Event timings issued are a guideline only and may be earlier or later than originally published.
EXTRA DATE ADDED - 24TH AUGUST
MUSIC OF THE SPHERES WORLD TOUR
BAND REVEAL 2022 DATES ALONGSIDE PLEDGE TO MAKE
TOUR AS SUSTAINABLE AND LOW-CARBON AS POSSIBLE
On the eve of their new album, Music Of The Spheres, Coldplay have today announced an accompanying global stadium tour in 2022.
The Music Of The Spheres World Tour begins on 18 March 2022 with the band’s first ever show in Costa Rica, before travelling to the Dominican Republic, Mexico, USA, Germany, Poland, France, Belgium and the UK.
Support at the majority of shows will come from H.E.R., with London Grammar supporting at selected dates.
The band have already teased that more dates will follow soon.
SUSTAINABILITY PLAN ‘A WORK IN PROGRESS’
SHOW POWERED BY 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY
PLEDGE TO CUT TOUR EMISSIONS BY 50%
ONE TREE PLANTED FOR EVERY TICKET SOLD
In 2019, Coldplay committed to making their future tours as environmentally beneficial as possible, and today’s announcement is accompanied by a comprehensive set of sustainability initiatives and environmental commitments.
Full details can be seen at coldplay.com/sustainability, including commitments to:
- cut direct emissions by 50% compared to the band’s most recent tour (2016-17).
- power the show entirely by renewable, super-low emission energy – with solar installations at every venue, waste cooking oil, a kinetic stadium floor and kinetic bikes powered by fans. This power will be stored in the first ever mobile, rechargeable show battery (developed and made in partnership with BMW from recyclable BMW i3 batteries).
- draw down significantly more CO2 than the tour produces with a range of nature- and technology-based solutions, including planting one tree for every ticket sold.
- provide each venue with a sustainability rider requesting best environmental practices.
- encourage fans to use low carbon transport to and from shows via the official tour app built by SAP, rewarding those who do with a discount at venues.
- ensure all merchandise is sustainably and ethically sourced.
- offer free drinking water and strive to eliminate plastic bottles at every venue.
- put 10% of all earnings into a fund for environmental and socially-conscious causes, including ClientEarth, One Tree Planted and The Ocean Cleanup.
- establish a partnership with climate change experts at Imperial College London's Grantham Institute - Climate Change and the Environment to quantify the impact of the tour – both positively and negatively – on the environment
“Playing live and finding connection with people is ultimately why we exist as a band. We’ve been planning this tour for years, and we’re super excited to play songs from across our whole time together.
At the same time, we’re very conscious that the planet is facing a climate crisis. So we’ve spent the last two years consulting with environmental experts to make this tour as sustainable as possible, and, just as importantly, to harness the tour’s potential to push things forward. We won’t get everything right, but we’re committed to doing everything we can and sharing what we learn. It’s a work in progress and we’re really grateful for the help we’ve had so far.
If you'd like to come to a show and sing with us, we’re so excited to see you.”
Important Ticket Information
Please note: The SEC Box office is temporarily closed. We are currently processing all ticket purchases online rather than at the SEC Box Office for the foreseeable future.
Accessible tickets can be booked online, or you can call 0141 576 3230 (replaces 0800 952 0110 temporarily) (open Mon-Fri 9am-2pm).
Accessible Ticket Booking
Customers who wish to buy tickets for accessible positions can do so online via our websites (ticketing powered by Ticketmaster), or by using our accessible booking line on 0141 576 3230 (replaces 0800 952 0110 temporarily) (open Mon-Fri 9am-2pm).
- 23 - 24 Aug 2022
- Hampden Park
- On Sale Now
£56.75 - £124.85
(inc admin fee) + fulfilment
Ticket limit: 4 presale / 8 general onsale
- Standing: No under 14s / Persons aged 14-15 must be accompanied by an adult 18+ Seats: No under 5s - 5-15 year olds must be seated & accompanied by adult. One adult 18+ minimum per person aged 5-15