Closing Date: 26/08/2022
Comprising the SEC Centre, SEC Armadillo and the OVO Hydro, the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) is Scotland's premier venue for events, concerts, conferences and exhibitions. We enjoy an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the OVO Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world, attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
We’re looking for an experienced, motivated and ambitious Rigger to work as part of our Events sector in line with our vision to become the Best Event Campus in Europe.
The Rigger for the Campus will be responsible for working in the Technical Services team across:
- To proactively identify and manage work-related hazards, ensuring that risk assessments, method statements, and / or safe systems of work are in place and followed for all Technical team activities.
- To monitor the work and conduct of rigging personnel, including those appointed by the client, ensuring safe working practices at all times.
- To plan and develop effective rigging solutions for individual client requirements.
- To consider rigging plots in advance and ensure compliance with SEC regulations, suggesting amendments where required.
- Ensure the safe installation and de-rigging of events and exhibition stands.
- To sign-off rigging installations as complete and compliant.
- To develop the knowledge of the wider team through training, support and guidance.
- To ensure the compliance of SEC rigging equipment though a planned system of maintenance.
- To maintain the efficient, safe and secure storage of all SEC rigging equipment.
- To work on the installation of rigging as required.
- To offer advice to exhibition stands and their rigging
Our ideal candidate
Our Technical Services team work closely together in a busy environment, ensuring that all expectations are exceeded and providing the highest quality service to each event.
Are you hands-on, passionate and flexible? Skilled in the technical elements of rigging and venue operations with a practical knowledge of current methods and resources? Are you confident working with an array of clients, adept at multi-tasking and have a dedicated and enthusiastic attitude? Are you able to take a creative approach to solving complex problems?
Our ideal candidate will instil a high-performance culture and will be driven to help deliver world class events across the SEC campus. They will have excellent people skills and be comfortable managing relationships across different company sectors. They should embrace our mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events.
In adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration they should share our passion for providing excellent customer experience, acting as a role model and setting an example for the team and wider business. NRC level 2 is required for the role.
Does this sound like the role for you?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The People Team, SEC, Glasgow, G3 8YW or firstname.lastname@example.org