Building Services Manager
Closing Date: 01 June 2022
Comprising the SEC Centre, SEC Armadillo and the OVO Hydro, the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) is Scotland's premier venue for events, gigs, conferences and exhibitions. We enjoy an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues with the OVO Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world, attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
We’re looking for an experienced, motivated and ambitious Building Services Manager to work as part of our Facilities team and in line with our vision to become the Best Event Campus in Europe.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities, working with the other Building Service Manager, you will be responsible for delivering our preventative and reactive maintenance program. Through a sensible balance of hands on and active management, you will lead our building, asset replacement and refurbish improvement work, ensuring that there is always continuous development of facilities across the SEC Campus.
Our ideal candidate
Our Facilities team work closely together in a busy environment, ensuring that all expectations are exceeded and providing the highest quality service in maintaining the campus requirements.
You will be expected to:
- To design and implement a proactive and efficient planned preventative maintenance plan for the SEC campus that is arranged around and ensures minimum disruption to core business.
- To design and implement a proactive and efficient reactive maintenance and repair programme, with clear, ambitious, and measurable timelines to resolution.
- To instigate and manage regular inspections of the campus plant and equipment, identifying any required services, repairs, maintenance and replacement in a timely manner.
- To ensure an accurate and comprehensive asset register is established and that the maintenance, service history and lifecycle planning of this is accurate, compliant and up-to-date.
- To ensure that all processes are carried out in accordance with current legislation, standards and codes of practice, and to proactively identify business and individual risks, ensuring that method statements, risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place for all personnel and activities.
- To develop and manage building and refurbishment improvement projects in line with the SEC capex planning and key business and sector objectives.
- To manage, motivate and support the Facilities Team, freelance staff, contractors and suppliers in all aspects of the maintenance, replacement, repair and project development of the SEC Campus including, but not limited to, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and Hard FM service contractors.
Are you organised? Do you have strong technical background in mechanical and electrical services, supported by the knowledge and experience needed to deliver complex and time pressured projects? Do you have strong time management? Are you a clear and concise communicator? Confident and skilled in multi-tasking, with a dedicated and enthusiastic attitude?
If yes, then we’re looking for you – and if you have the technical knowledge and experience in a similar environment and evidence of a proven track record for delivering results….even better!
Our ideal candidate should embrace our mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events.
In adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration you should share our passion for providing excellent customer experience, acting as a role model and setting an example for the team and wider business.
Does this sound like the role for you? We'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills and experience, our way. The People Team, SEC, Glasgow, G3 8YW or email@example.com