Team: Technical Services
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31/12/2021
The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) - comprising the SEC Centre, SEC Armadillo and The SSE Hydro - is Scotland's premier venue for events, concerts, conferences and exhibitions. We enjoy an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious venues, attracting 2.1 million visitors last year.
We’re looking for an experienced, motivated and ambitious AV Technician to work as part of our Conference and Exhibition Technical Services Team and in line with our vision to become the Best Event Campus in Europe.
Key responsibilities for the role are:
- To set up and operate the technical services and facilities of the SEC to the highest possible standards.
- To plan and develop effective Audio Visual solutions for individual client requirements.
- To maintain the Audio Visual services and facilities of the SEC by working to a planned preventative maintenance program.
- To supervise the work of the part-time technical staff, ensuring that those employed are instructed appropriately and that their work is of the highest standard at all times.
- To work in conjunction with sub-contractors employed by the technical department ensuring that they are instructed appropriately and that their work is of the highest standard at all times.
- To attend client meetings in conjunction with the planning department to provide specialist technical advice and support as necessary.
Our Technical Services team work closely together in a busy environment, ensuring that all expectations are exceeded and providing the highest quality service to each event.
Are you hands-on, passionate and flexible? A clear and concise communicator? Confident working with clients and skilled in multi-tasking, with a dedicated and enthusiastic attitude? If yes, then we’re looking for you – and if you have knowledge and experience in the AV industry and evidence of a proven track record for delivering results… even better!
Our ideal candidate should embrace our mission; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events. In adopting our core values for teamwork and collaboration you should share our passion for providing excellent customer experience, acting as a role model and setting an example for the team and wider business.
Does this sound like the role for you?
Please send your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills and experience, our way to firstname.lastname@example.org