Senior Technical Manager - Conferences and Exhibitions
Role: Senior Technical Manager – Conferences and Exhibitions
Team: Technical Services
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 15th Aug 2022
The Scottish Event Campus (SEC) - comprising the SEC Centre, SEC Armadillo and The OVO Hydro - is Scotland's premier venue for conferences and exhibitions, enjoying an enviable reputation as one of Europe’s most prestigious event destinations.
We are looking for an expert Senior Technical Manager to join our Conferences and Exhibitions team in line with our vision of becoming the Best Event Campus in Europe.
Our Technical Services team work closely together in a busy environment, ensuring that all expectations are exceeded by providing the highest quality service to each event. The Senior Technical Manager will lead the delivery of technical production services within the conferences and exhibitions sector, undertaking a variety of duties:
- Deliver effective technical production solutions, matched to the requirements of individual clients and colleagues.
- To lead, motivate, support and develop the Technical Services Team across the conference and exhibition spectrum.
- Use their knowledge of event production services to progress technical event delivery in all SEC venues.
- To keep SEC at the forefront of the future events market through the integration of technology and digital processes in the delivery of technical services.
- Ensure that all processes are carried out in accordance with the legislation, standards and codes of practice that govern our industry.
Our ideal candidate is hands-on, passionate and flexible and will be fully engaged in our high-performance culture. A specialist in the technical elements of conferences and exhibitions, they will have a positive attitude and be driven to deliver seminal, life affirming event experiences. They will have excellent people skills and be confident leading a diverse team, whilst working with an array of clients in a range of challenging environments. At all times, they will embrace our mission statement; Best Venues, Best People, Best Events and convey our core values of teamwork and collaboration.
Desirable, but not essential attributes include production/technical/venue or event management experience as well as knowledge and understanding of industry health and safety protocols and technical standards
Does this sound like the role for you?
If so, please send your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills and experience, our way.
The People Team, SEC, Glasgow, G3 8YW or firstname.lastname@example.org